Bart Sloan represents clients in complex commercial litigation matters, including breach of contract and warranty, corporate governance disputes, fraud and breach of fiduciary duty, intellectual property rights, professional negligence and insurance recovery.
Some of Bart’s representative engagements include:
- Defending Fortune 200 company in shareholder derivative litigation arising out of $6 billion acquisition of public company.
- Defending international manufacturer against claims of breach of warranty associated with design, manufacture and sale of components used in wireless telecom base station units.
- Defending hospital group purchasing organization in action alleging violation of federal and state antitrust laws for contracts that provided “bundling” discounts for vendor products.
- Representing manufacturer in obtaining trial judgment compelling arbitration (rather than state court jury trial) of contract and fraud claims exceeding $1 billion.
- Defending hospital company in action alleging breach of agreement to invest in health-related cable television channel.
- Representing government entity in pursuing claims for breach of contract, breach of warranty and fraud in connection with retrofit of water treatment facility.
- Representing client in successful Fifth Circuit appeal of adverse jury verdict (and ultimate successful resolution on retrial).
- Defending school district and former board chair against claims of violation of federal wiretap act and 42 U.S.C. § 1983.
- Defending internet service provider against claims of direct, contributory and vicarious copyright infringement due to third party’s collection and posting of copyrighted material on its hosted website.